Monday, November 14, 2011

Greens and Golds

Hey guys!!!

This tutorial will be a little bit different because for some reason it was so hard to get my camera to show the colors I used! After taking about 20 pictures I finally found a great setting so the pictures should be better from now on.

This is today's look:





Those are the only pictures that I have that turned out good so I will just tell you how I did it. I am sorry!!! At least now I now the best camera setting to use. 

First I primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance ( by the way, this is also a great primer, I got it not long ago and I love it so far). 

Then I used the Too Faced eyeshadow in Lucky Charms all over my lid. It looks like this: 


After that I used Kat Von D's eyeshadow in Long Distance all over my crease. It is the first green (from left to right). You can't really see it here but it is a really light shimmery green. 


Then I got Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Smog and applied to the outer corner of my eyes. It is the last eyeshadow on the picture below (going left to right).


For my brow bone I used Sin which is the second eyeshadow (going left to right) on the picture above.


For my liner I used Kat Von D's creamy eyeshadow in benji. Ok, so I have major problems with this shadow/cream shadow. It does not work well at all! It is a creamy shadow but it is so hard to get it on an eyeliner pencil and it is almost impossible to get it on a regular eyeshadow pencil. Even if I just use my fingers it is kind of hard. I really don't know what the point of it is. So I would recommend you guys just getting a gold eyeliner and using that because it will be so much easier to apply.



On my lower lash line I used Kat Von D's creamy eyeshadow in Finland. Unlike the one above this cream shadow actually works a lot better. I really like this color!!!


To finish off the look I put mascara on. I used Almay's Triple Effect Mascara which is my favorite one at the moment.


Sorry that I don't have step by step pictures this time, but now that I found a good setting on my camera I hope all the pictures from now on will look great.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was wondering if you could make a post about makeup with Fall colors. I would love to have my makeup for Thanksgiving in this colors.

    Thank you,

    MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will, and I will use drug store products for that so you can find them anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete