Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February Birchbox Review

Happy Valentine's day! 

I hope you guys had a great Valentine's day :) I got my February Birchbox in the mail and I am very excited about it because of the beauty blender. 
This is the second month that I have gotten a Birchbox but last month I was not that excited about it so I did not review it.

Here is what it came with 



Beauty Blender: The beauty blender is the pink sponge you see above. It helps you to put your foundation on and it is supposed to make it look better. I had been wanting to try this for a while but never got around to buying it because it is a little expensive. I have used it and I really like it!!! It is so much faster than using a brush, and the end results looks great. I love how there is a pointy side and a wider side to it because it makes it easier to get foundation all over your face. The pointy side is great for the corners of your nose and under your eyes. 

Violent Lips: I had seen this before at Sephora and always thought it was a little too much hahaha. It is these very sparkly lip tattoos that you can apply fast and get cool glittery lips. I bet these will be fun for a photo shoot. 

Heart nail filer: This is pretty cute but there is not much to say about it. It is just a heart shaped nail filer haha

Jouer luminizing moisture tint: First of all, this sample is way too small. It is the size of one of those free samples you can get at Sephora. Actually, Sephora might give you more than this. I have tried it on and if you want your skin to glow this is great. It is great for people with dry skin and it has SPF 20 which is awesome. SPF in your face makeup is always a good thing. Now, it is oil free which is great for people with oily skin. A lot of people that do have oily skin do not want any more glow on their skin because all the oil already makes it glow so much. Since they are usually looking for things that will make their skin matte, I don't know they would use this product. It also claims to even out your imperfections and fade fine lines, which it does not really do. This is such light coverage that it is only going to do a little of that, it is going to give you a great healthy glow though. I used it as a primer today and it worked out nicely. 

Orofluido beauty elixir: Again, this is a free sample so it is a very small container. I don't mind as much because since it is an oil I won't need a lot of it so I will be able to decide if I like it or not. I am very excited about this!! I am all about making my hair look nicer and shinier. I love organ oil and I can't wait to try this one. 


Overall the Birchbox is ok. All that you get that is not a free sample is the beauty blender and the violent lips. I am not really going to use the violent lips that much so all I got is the beauty blender. You only pay $10 a month but compared to Myglam this does not give you as much for your money. I really do not like how most of the stuff you get are free samples that you can get at stores most of the time. Sometimes they will give you those little perfume samples that all you have to do is go to Sephora and ask for one. This month it was worth it just for the beauty blender. 

Also, they send different things to different people. Depending on your age and other factors they will send you different things. I know that some people did not get the same things I got this month. If you do want to try it their website is Birchbox.com 

I hope you guys liked the review and stay tuned for more :) I will do a Myglam when it gets here. It should be here this week. 

BrazilianMakeupGueek

No comments:

Post a Comment